There is something to be said for homemade soup when you’re feeling under the weather. Not only is the quality and nutrition content SO much better, but a soup made with love is sure to cure even the common cold.
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups Dino Kale, chopped
3 celery stocks, sliced
3 medium carrots, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs thyme
1 teaspoon sage
salt and pepper to taste
2- 32 oz Pacific Organic chicken stock
1 Jar of Epic Bone Broth
2 chicken breasts
1 package of noodles (I prefer the gluten free brown rice or quinoa noodles, but to each their own)
1. Preheat oven to 350, place chicken in casserole dish with about 2 tablespoons oil, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-30 minutes.
2. While chicken is cooking bring water to a boil in a separate pot and add your noodles of choice, follow the cooking time on the package, different types vary. Once finished set aside. I add my noodles per bowl, that way the noodles won’t absorb all the broth in the fridge over the next couple days.
3. While the water is boiling for the noodles, chop the celery and onion and saute with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and crushed garlic cloves. When the onions and celery are soft, add the stock, carrots, kale, sage, thyme, and bay leaf.
4. By now the chicken should be done, shred and add to the stock.
5. Bring to a slight boil, and let simmer for about 10-20 minutes.
6. Serve hot with fresh french bread and let the chicken noodle soup gods do their magic!